Happy Friday y’all! I hope it’s been a fantastic one for everybody! Here’s a few highlights from our week:
1. On Saturday we competed in an amphibious duathlon at the U.S National Whitewater Center in Charlotte. It was so much fun, but a lot harder than I expected! We ran a 5K on very hilly trails, kayaked a 2K (~1.2 miles) and then ran another 5K. Oh my goodness the trails were rough! It was a blast, though and I’m glad that we got to do it with another awesome couple from our LifeGroup at church. We spent the rest of the day inside the USNWC – we did some white water rafting and a “climb to zip” course that was really fun. If you haven’t been, I highly recommend it. There is so much to do and it’s a blast!
2. On Sunday, Matt and I celebrated our one year anniversary! YAY! After church we went to each lunch at Cafe Carolina (their Country Breakfast is SO good!) and then spent most of the rest of the day just relaxing and enjoying our day together. We had planned on going out to dinner but we decided to postpone it until this weekend so that we could go on a Saturday be more relaxed; Sunday nights always leave me a little anxious as I feel Monday morning approaching – does anyone else feel the same way? Anyway, we got some yummy Japanese takeout for dinner and afterwards we broke out the cake – it was still good after a year! Just like our love…. Just kidding. But seriously, I am so very, very thankful that I’m married to my best friend! He’s the bomb 😉
3. I was blown away by the sweet phone calls, texts, and cards that we got for our anniversary. We’re so blessed to be surrounded by amazing and encouraging family and friends! Thank y’all so much!
4. On Wednesday evening I worked on re-creating this door stop, and Trixie was bewildered that I was using her tennis ball and not throwing it for her! I snapped this picture of her as she intently watched her poor ball being sacrificed for the sake of DIY.
5. Y’all. We found the BEST smoothie. Seriously. Matt’s mom had mentioned that she liked combining frozen bananas, cocoa, and almond milk. I googled and found a recipe here. The recipe is so easy, so good, and pretty healthy! The only thing that I would recommend changing is to do a 3rd frozen banana instead of ice, but that’s only because I don’t like ice chunks in my smoothie. But do yourself a favor and try this – it’s like a chocolate milkshake. Mmmmm….
What about y’all? Big plans for the weekend? I hope it’s a great one 🙂
I’m linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday!